Sunday, December 4, 2011

If you were to compare our trip to riding a wave, the last few weeks we've been fully barreled! Stoked!  Everything has been working out as well or better than we could have imagined.  Jaden has friends a touch older than him, that he runs around with constantly.  Kate's been working intermittently teaching English, she also has some girlfriends to spend time with.  While she's away and I'm at work, Jaden has been cared for by a lovely Spanish lady, Daisy.  Jaden is becoming bilingual.  His Spanish vocab is growing by leaps and bounds.  I've been surfing with friends and working everyday.  It's been the perfect scenario.  But the tube ride is almost over and it's almost time to get off this wave and do some paddling to get out again.

Four days ago we bought a new car!  YEEAAHHHH!  I've never had so much joy in a purchase.  This car will give us new options and freedoms that the bus schedule doesn't permit.  That's to say if it doesn't break down.

'95 Puegeot 505 (Estate Car) The ultimate rural mobile

In some countries it's used for a hurst or ambulance!

We call it the shwarma carma mobile!



We've also left Pichilemu and driven south on this amazing coast line to a quaint fishing village, Curanipe.  We're staying in some beautiful cabanas on the hill overlooking the ocean with our new British friends Lisa, Ossian and young Leo.  I don't want to say too much about this part of the coast, as it seems to be a hidden gem.  I'd like it to remain more or less secret and quiet around these parts.



One of many abandoned beaches

Jaden's starting to run, mostly away...
love this beach
Check out baby J's new swimsuit!  A one piece.




A few perks of our new place, pool, bbq, view, aaahhhhh.....

Hangin with the brits has been great!


We're still riding the wave that's been so wonderful, hanging with the brits, surfing and playing on the beach.  I need a few days to rest my body after the construction job.  Soon enough we're going to make our play for the mountains and a new wave/adventure.  Can't wait!



5 comments:

  1. I love the pics! :) Jaden looks so cute with the hat sideways. Nice car. I love the pool and the view! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it when you blog. The pictures are so fun to see. Little J won't be Little J for too long. He is growing leaps and bounds. mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the best car EVER! It is so cool! I really like the green playground:D It doesn't surprise me that Jaden has a sitter so fast! I want to see what Chile looks like around the Holidays!!! We are having lots of fun at VV!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be exciting that Jaden is slowly becoming bilingual! Nice new house with the pool and all, and I really can imagine that you guys are excited about that new car! We all really miss you, but we're glad you're having fun!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim, Once again, you brought smiles into our lives. Just reading of your adventure makes me want to live life again. Hey..I think you like the British people.. me included. Margie

    ReplyDelete